is a standard Windows DLL that does not depend on the "support" libraries. You can use it to read the serial number of hard disk easily. As we all know, this serial number is unique in the world. So this DLL is of great use, for example, you can use this serial number to create an machine id or encrypt number.
The GetDiskSerial.DLL has already succeeded to get the Serial Number in Delphi, C++Builder, C#, Visual C++, Visual Basic, Visual Basic.NET, PowerBuilder, Visual Foxpro and Clarion. Here you can download examples of above development language at this site.
* Easy to obtain the serial number of hard disk.
* Any operation can not to change the serialnumber of harddisk, include Format and Partition etc.
* Retrieve REAL serial number of hard disk. NOT Partition ID, NOT Volume ID.
* Support reading several physics hard disks.
* Many development languages are supported, such as the Delphi, C++Builder, VC, C#, VB, VB.NET, PowerBuilder, Visual Foxpro, Microsoft VBA, Clarion etc is available.
* Read more parameters, such as Model Number, Revision Number, Buffer Size, Cylinders, Heads, Sectors per track, etc.
* Not require administrator rights in Windows 7/Vista/2003/XP/2000/98.