MD Nastran is an integrated simulation system with a broad set of multidiscipline analysis capabilities based on proven CAE technologies. MD Nastran enables product manufacturers to simulate everything from a single part to complex assemblies and carry out a diverse set of virtual tests. By providing a single platform for a wide range of applications, MD Nastran offers cost savings and efficiencies across engineering CAE teams.
Engineers at both small businesses and large manufacturers are often required to run a multitude of tests to ensure effective designs. While simulation solutions have helped in replacing some of the physical tests, the disparate solutions for different types of tests has placed added burden on analysts and IT departments to maintain several products.
MD Nastran can be used for multiple CAE discipline studies including multi-physics analysis. In addition to all the capabilities of MSC.Nastran, MD Nastran offers a complete set of nonlinear analysis capabilities in both implicit and explicit solution technology, thermal and exterior acoustics and also the coupling analysis between various disciplines such as thermal structural and fluid structure interaction. This enables organizations to realize the benefits of a single solution without sacrificing performance, accuracy or solution capabilities.
As part of our commitment to quality, the MD Nastran Software Quality Assurance Program complies with the applicable portions of Title 10, Code of Federal Regulations Part 50, Appendix B, Quality Assurance Criteria for Nuclear Power Plants and Title 10, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 21, Reporting of Safety Related Defects and Non-Compliances. (see Statement of Quality Assurance Policy)
Capabilities include: * Scalable solution based on MSC Nastran foundation
* Multidiscipline analysis for improved efficiency
* Multidiscipline optimization
* Multiphysics for enhanced accuracy
* Integrated pre/post processing support
* Partner technologies
Industry Uses: * Aerospace & Defense: Ground loads, flight loads, engine, wings, structures, aerodynamics
* Automotive: N&V, vehicle dynamics, durability, brake squeal, engines, seals, powertrain
* Electronics: Cell phones, MEMS devices, computer equipment, industrial electronics, consumer electronics
* Energy: Wind turbines, gear boxes, solar power, oil and gas equipment
* Heavy Equipment: Construction equipment, farm equipment, ATV vehicles, plant equipment
* Machinery: Conveying systems, paper handing, plant equipment, construction equipment
* Medical: Cardiovascular, blood bags, drug delivery, imaging equipment, physical medicine, orthopedics