gives you full control over attached displays, allowing the usage of all available resolutions and bit depths. This is done by ignoring the operating system setting of hiding potentially unsafe resolutions.
It is ideal for running legacy games which require 256-color mode and do not automatically switch the screen depth for you. Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard removed the ability to set 256 color mode manually using the built-in preferences pane, but the feature is now available here in Display Maestro!
Display Maestro is a small application which can be configured to launch during login, and sits quietly in the menu bar. Upon exit, it will also automatically revert your display back to the resolution chosen before it was launched.
* Display list of all displays and resolutions
* Hide/show unsafe resolutions
* Restore ColorSync Settings
* List detailed information about supported resolutions
* List detailed information about the current resolution
* List detailed information about each display device.
* Current resolution is chccked
Requirement: Mac OS X 10.5 or later
New in Version 1.1.5: * Modification: Updated to the latest set of core classes bringing numerous bug fixes.