PowerDesigner - the leading tool in modeling and metadata management, intended for creation of data models, information architecture and enterprise architecture. PowerDesigner gives the company a force analysis of the linkages (technology impact analysis), the ability to manage changes during the design and management techniques metadata.
* Increase productivity by working together business and IT
* Ongoing support of various heterogeneous environments
* Flexible settings to support different standards and set up communication with the external environment.
* Promotes the creation of enterprise architecture models due to the possibility of documenting
* Increases business agility by the availability of technologies Link & Sync and analysis of the relationship (impact analysis)
Key features PowerDesigner
PowerDesigner supports the following modeling technology
* Data Modeling: Conceptual, logical and physical data models, and the expansion for the design of data warehouses based on the IE (Information Engineering) methodology or notation IDEF 1 / x.
* Modeling applications: All UML diagrams and managing the implementation of persistent objects due to the enhanced possibility of describing OR-mapping (Object / Relational mapping). Modeling techniques with the use of XML and the relationship of such models with UML and data models.
* Business Process Modeling: Diagrams describing business processes, intuitive, non-technical users, modeling language performance of business processes with support notations BPEL4WS and ebXML.
* Modeling of Enterprise Architecture: Enterprise Architecture modeling - from business objectives to implementation, using unique technology, connectivity and synchronization (Link and Synch). This allows you to get rid of unnecessary information, and ensures transparency descriptions, which increases the competitiveness of business, increase responsiveness to changes in economy, technology and legislation.
PowerDesigner models are fully integrated: using unique technology to connect and sync (Link and Synch), PowerDesigner integrates metadata among all types of models.
Each user has its own modeling technique. Those who have been working on modeling and analysis of data, as well as architects and developers can focus on metadata management capabilities with a focus on the technologies. IT-managers and non-technical staff would be useful technology-oriented business modeling. At the same time all integrated in a common and easy to use environment.
Repository PowerDesigner - a complete repository of information, detailed in the chosen database. Repository is scalable and has a friendly interface for users working remotely. It provides the following features: role-based access to the models and submodels, version control, configuration management, integration models, reports on the changes between models and versions that full-text search across the repository.
Ongoing support for all major platforms: more than 60 databases, the leading platform for developing applications such as Java J2EE, Microsoft. NET, Web Services and PowerBuilder, and process execution languages like ebXML and BPEL4WS.
Customization: PowerDesigner offers full support script MDA, profiles, UML, automation of routine tasks by supporting scripting languages and fully customizable to generate DDL and code through the use of templates and the presence of a code generator that supports scripts.