imageSynth 2 is an advanced technology that allows you to create seamless textures and high-resolution tiled images from low resolution sources. Itâ?*s the ultimate organic pattern making tool for creating infinitely tileable images * a *must have* for every artistâ?*s digital tool box.imageSynth 2 now works for you in two ways: you can start the program right inside Adobe Creative Suite Photoshop as a plug-in texture editor, or you can launch imageSynth as a standalone program for creating your own custom, perfectly tiled textures from any graphic image sources. Either way you want to work, imageSynth supports both Mac and PC platforms.
Feel Free to Experiment * Faster
imageSynth takes advantage of todayâ?*s modern processors; itâ?*s threaded and optimized for two cores. So you can work up to 10 times faster than before.Improved memory management also speeds up undoing actions. Now there are more options for zooming in and placing texture chunks and you can use the new Eraser tool to selectively remove areas of texture. View an online video which demonstrates the speed increase.
imageSynth 2 Key Features
* Runs as a plug-in to Adobe Photoshop CS3 or CS4
* Also can run as a standalone program
* Up to 10x faster than imageSynth 1
* Supports dual core machines
* Improved memory management to handle larger scenes
* Accepts one or multiple seed images
* imageSynth not limited to working with (just) naturally noisy images like rocks or
* Output of imageSynth is a new tiling image of specified resolution
* Synthesize new images from a number of image sub-regions or "chunks"
* Chunks can be rectangular or lasso style areas of particular interest
* Each chunk can contribute to new image based on its own user-defined percentage
* Pre-filtering option to smooth image source
* Chunks or entire images can be automatically synthesized into new image
How to use Photoshop plugins
A plug-in is a software module, which is used with some other applications to enhance the capabilities of that application. Adobe Photoshop comes with pre-installed plug-ins. These plug-ins perform different type of effects on images.
To use plug-ins in Adobe Photoshop we need to install them in Adobe Photoshop's plug-in directory.When we install any plug-in it will ask you to give the path (some automatically finds Adobe Photoshop). Select the Adobe Photoshop's plug directory. When Adobe Photoshop will run it will automatically read these plug-ins. These plug-ins will be included in the Filter menu.
To use any plug-in, open the image on which we want to use effects. Then go to menu bar and select Filter and then in the end of this menu list select any of the installed plug-in.