10-Strike Network Inventory Explorer
- a program to inventory computers in local area networks, network administrators can maintain a database of computer inventory. The program provides flexible tools for the detection of network computers and add them to the database. If you have administrative rights you will be able to view the network configuration of hardware and software on remote computers. For example, to find out the types of processors installed, the amount of RAM, the types and amounts of hard disk partition information drives, CD / DVD-drives, used Flash-drives, video cards, printers, installed OS, applications, programs at startup, and so on.
The following is an overview of just some tasks you can carry out with the program: 1. Inventory Hardware - Create the inventory database with the hardware installed on remote computers: CPU, memory size, hard drives, partitions, CD/DVD drives, videocards, USB flash drives, etc. Create reports on the hardware configurations. Export data to external database.
2. Inventory Software - Create reports on the availability of particular programs and number of copies installed on network computers. Create reports on versions of operating systems, installed updates and bug-fixes, codecs, startup programs, etc.
3. Plan and Prepare Hardware Upgrades - Create reports on computers with insufficient RAM size or disk space (e.g., all computers with less than 1 GB of RAM). Similarly, you can create reports on computers with particular CPU models, video cards, or printers.
4. Track Hardware Changes on Network Computers - View and analyze configuration changes, save reports. Discover when users connect a new USB flash or HDD drives to their computers, or when they change the hardware in their computers. Be notified on the hardware changes via a screen message, sound, or e-mail.
5. Track Software Changes on Network Computers - Discover what new software was installed by users on network computers. Audit startup programs on network computers. Be notified on the software changes via a screen message, sound, or e-mail.
6. Generate Hardware and Software Reports - 10-Strike Network Inventory Explorer contains a powerful report generator which allows you to create professional-looking hardware and software reports in various file formats for a single computer or for a group of computers. You can configure inventory items to be included in the reports. See examples of hardware and software reports generated by the program. The program contains more than 60 ready-to-use reports on hardware and software including antivirus reports. You can create your own report templates.
7. Export Inventory Data to External Database - Analyze the inventory data deeper. The program exports the inventory data to the following databases: MS SQL, MS Access, Postgre, Linter, etc. Intergate our program with your MIS system or help desk.
Changelog: - Added new reports on software: "Authorized software", "Authorized, denied, unknown software", "Unknown software (detailed)", "Denied software (detailed)".
- Added detecting SATA CD/DVD drives.
- Added selecting multiple groups in the group editor.
- Added the following data groups to the report designer: "Authorized software", "Denied software", "Unknown software".
- Updated the agent files to the v3.9.
- Updated the client files to the v3.9.