Cisco* Security Manager is an enterprise-class security management application that provides insight into and control of Cisco security and network devices. Cisco Security Manager offers comprehensive security management (configuration and event management) across a wide range of Cisco security appliances, including Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances, Cisco IPS 4200 Series Sensor Appliances, Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISRs), Cisco Firewall Service Modules (FWSMs), and Cisco Catalyst* 6500 Series Switches. Cisco Security Manager allows you to manage networks of all sizes efficiently - from small networks to large networks consisting of hundreds of devices.
New Features in Cisco Security Manager 4.0: * Enterprise-class integrated policy and event management for better control and visibility into security devices. Supports syslog messages for Cisco ASA appliances and Security Device Event Exchange (SDEE) events for Cisco IPS sensors.
* Easy troubleshooting of operational issues using intuitive, event-to-policy linkages, and tools such as Cisco Packet Tracer.
* Selective management of Cisco ASA appliance policies and detection of out-of-band (OOB) changes to enable Cisco Security Manager to operate in heterogeneous IT environments.
* Simplified policy definition paradigms for Cisco ASA appliances for Network Address Translation (NAT); global access rules for improved management efficiency.
* Enhanced support for Ciscos latest IPS and firewall features, including a Botnet Traffic Filter and a Global Threat Correlation engine, providing comprehensive threat response.
* Support for 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 2008.
* Bulk rediscovery of devices.
For details about the new features and benefits of Cisco Security Manager 4.0, see the Cisco Security Manager data sheet at: --------------------------------------------
Hardware requirements: Processor - quad-core;
Memory - Minimum: 4 GB. Recommended: 8 GB;
Network - Minimum 100Mbps.
Software requirements: Recommended
Windows 2008 Enterprise Server (Service Pack 2)*64 bit;
Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise Server (Service Pack 2)*32 bit;
Windows 2008 Enterprise Server (Service Pack 2)*32 bit.